CoreMed Plus offers various services for the care, treatment, and management of high blood pressure, also known as hypertension. These services include:
Blood pressure monitoring
Blood pressure monitoring is critical in managing high blood pressure, also known as hypertension. High blood pressure can lead to serious health problems like heart disease, stroke, and kidney damage. Regular monitoring helps healthcare providers track patients’ blood pressure and adjust their treatment plans.
There are two blood pressure monitoring types: in-office and home monitoring. In-office monitoring involves visiting a healthcare provider’s office or clinic, where they will take your blood pressure using a blood pressure cuff and a stethoscope or an electronic device.
Home monitoring involves the patient monitoring their blood pressure at home using a blood pressure monitor. This method is becoming increasingly popular, as it allows patients to monitor their blood pressure in their home and provides more frequent and accurate readings.
CoreMed Plus offers both in-office and remote blood pressure monitoring services. Our healthcare providers use state-of-the-art equipment to measure blood pressure accurately, and our remote monitoring technology allows patients to monitor their blood pressure at home and transmit their readings to their healthcare provider. This allows our healthcare providers to monitor patient’s blood pressure levels more closely and make any necessary adjustments to their treatment plan.
By monitoring blood pressure regularly, patients can help manage their high blood pressure and reduce their risk of related health problems. At CoreMed Plus, we work with patients to create a personalized treatment plan that includes regular blood pressure monitoring and lifestyle modifications to help manage their blood pressure and improve their overall health and well-being.
Lifestyle modifications are a critical aspect of managing high blood pressure, also known as hypertension. Making positive changes to one’s lifestyle can help lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of related health problems, and improve overall health and well-being. Here are some lifestyle modifications that can be effective in managing high blood pressure:
- Healthy Diet: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein can help lower blood pressure. Reducing sodium intake, avoiding processed foods, and limiting alcohol consumption can also be beneficial.
- Physical Activity: Regular exercises, such as brisk walking, jogging, swimming or cycling, can help lower blood pressure. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
- Weight Management: Maintaining a healthy weight can help lower blood pressure. Losing even a small amount of weight can significantly impact blood pressure.
- Stress Management: Stress can contribute to high blood pressure. Practicing relaxation techniques, such as meditation, deep breathing, or yoga, can help manage stress.
- Quitting Smoking: Nicotine can raise blood pressure, so quitting smoking can help lower blood pressure and improve overall health.
- Sleep: Adequate sleep is important for overall health, including managing blood pressure. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
- Monitoring Blood Pressure: Regular blood pressure monitoring is important to track progress and adjust treatment plans as necessary.
CoreMed Plus offers lifestyle modification counseling and support to help patients manage high blood pressure. By adopting healthy habits and making positive changes to their lifestyle, patients can help reduce their risk of related health problems and improve their overall health and well-being.
Medication management is a critical aspect of treating high blood pressure, also known as hypertension. High blood pressure can cause serious health problems like heart disease, stroke, and kidney damage. Medications can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of related health problems. There are several types of medications used to treat high blood pressure, including:
- Diuretics: These medications help the kidneys remove excess water and salt from the body, which can help lower blood pressure.
- ACE Inhibitors: These medications help relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure by blocking the production of angiotensin II, a hormone that causes blood vessels to narrow.
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs): These medications block the action of angiotensin II, which helps relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
- Calcium Channel Blockers: These medications help relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure by blocking calcium from entering cells in the heart and blood vessels.
- Beta-Blockers: These medications help reduce the heart rate and the force of the heart’s contractions, which can help lower blood pressure.
CoreMed Plus offers medication management services for patients with high blood pressure. Our healthcare providers work with patients to find the right medication and dosage to help manage their blood pressure effectively. We monitor patients closely to ensure their medication works properly and adjust their treatment plan as necessary.
In addition to medication management, lifestyle modifications, such as a healthy diet, regular exercise, and stress management, are also important in managing high blood pressure. At CoreMed Plus, we work with patients to create a comprehensive treatment plan that includes medication and lifestyle modifications to help manage their high blood pressure and reduce their risk of related health problems.